Opinion on Cork pubs for stag?

Protocol

I would be grateful if anybody would give me their opinion on these Cork pubs for a stag?

I am looking for genuine pubs
  • not rough
  • but not too poncey either (e.g. Bodega)
  • not too many loud boorish soccer types
  • not too many teenagers
We are a group of 10 lads, aged 28-35.

Kevin Barry's, Barrack street
The Mutton Inn
The Oyster Tavern (?)
Spailpin Fanach
Nancy Spains
Hi-B
Clancy's

Any other suggestions?

PS Are there any pubs that open until 1-2am?

While I wish you the best of luck with you stag....but this is now about the 5th or 6th thread you have opened in relation to the forthcoming event. New members have been shot down for less !! At over 400 posts....you have no excuse!

I think it's Tom Barrys (not Kevins) - at least that's what I was calling it the other night when I was there! Excellent beer garden - crowd are generally around 30ish, friendly, relaxed - good pub to have a few drinks in at the start of the night. Love the Mutton Inn but is always very crowded and is very small - more suited to small groups I think. I think the Oyster Tavern is closed now? Hi - B is one of those old style pubs - the type of place where the owner may ask you to leave if your mobile goes off. The owner refused to serve a friend of mine years ago because she ordered a coke - he said if she wanted a non-alcoholic drink she should go across the road to McDonalds!

Back