Opera mail client

zag

Has anyone here managed to convert to (and be happy with) the Opera mail client ? After my laptop blew up I installed Opera on a temporary machine and started downloading my mail to it.

So far (about a week) I have found it to be infuriating and totally unintuitive. I have read some of the documentation and have so far failed to be won over by their argument that using views instead of folders is the way of the future.

Right now my 'unread' view contains both read and unread mails - go figure. I created a filter which had a rule along the lines of "match where the sender is ebay.ie, match where the sender is play.com, and a few other domains" and a whole load of totally unrelated mails ended up in the filter.

Then I received a new mail (according to my anti-virus scanner) but I couldn't find it anywhere - not in unread, not by using their search, etc . . . - but it ended up being in this filter which is not supposed to be a match and which is not supposed to mark it as read.

Has anyone got any good experiences with Opera before I ditch it and move back to Thunderbird ?

z