opening new bank account

esperanza2

I want to open a new bank account with another bank. I was told that I need to present a valid ID card and a recent utility bill. The only utility bill I pay in my household is phone + Internet and I receive these bills electronically (UTV). Would these be valid? (I don't pay any other bills, as my parents pay all the rest)

Click [broken link removed] for fuller details of how to satisfy the requirements - which are related to moneylaundering. You need evidence of identity - e.g. Passport, and evidence of address. The evidence of address can be satisfied in a variety of ways - but each bank has the option to set its own rules within an overall framework. A current driving licence can satisfy the requirement for evidence of address, for example, but the above link gives a fuller list.

Esperanza, there are very strict guidelines as to what's acceptable.
Your driving licence, Certificate of tax credits or any Government letter posted to you, motor insurance certificate or Motor Tax renewal forms will all do as proof of address.
If you request a statement on your exisiting a/c & it is posted to you this will suffice, provided you are not opening another a/c with the same branch of that bank.