Opening a bank account in NI

inter

Hello,

I have seen some posts on this topic before but they are rather old and I wanted to double check things:

Is it possible for an individual resident in southern Ireland to go to HSBC in northern Ireland and open a sterling account in the form of a current account with an initial deposit of less than say £5000. This account to be precise:
"www(Dot)hsbc(dot)co(dot)uk/1/2/current-accounts/bank-account?HBEU_dyn_lnk=CurrentAccount_FilterTool_BankAccount_FindOutMore_ProductNameLinkButton"

Secondly is it necessary to file any returns with the Revenue in regards to this, no interest will be earned so I cannot see any obvious reason why I should have to.

I am aware of the pros and cons of each of the banks and it is HSBC I wish to open an account with so the more specific the information the better.

I had to change the url formatting to allow it to be posted, if this is against the rules then, I apologize and will remove it immediately.
Thanks

Most NI banks will accept RoI proof of address. Ring HSBC beforehand to check.

You are supposed to inform Revenue of the details of all non Irish bank accounts that you have.