open office

oscarbandit0

Open office seems to be causing some problems with real player. Basically iexplorer freezes if you want to play a video online when open office is installed.

Can anyone suggest a solution to overcome this?
I was hoping not to have to buy MS office.

Try using a different web browser. I use Mozilla Firefox and Open Office and have no problems.

not sure this is a problem with open office. What leads you to your conclusions other than the fact that both are installed? Have you tried reinstalling realplayer? have you installed any other software around the same time? have you virus / malware scanned?

H galleysalave
I reinstalled realplayer.
I had installed my photobook and open office. I unistalled both.
Movies then worked in iexplore.
I reinstalled open office - movies didn't work.
I uninstalled it and movies now work again.
I have mcafee as virus proection.

maybe I am doing something wrong???

Sorry it was flash player I should have said and not real player! Getting mixed up. Would real player take over from flash player. Have reinstalled opne office. Have installed real player. Have rebooted and all seems to be ok.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find Open Office Great. It's be a huge shame to have to stop using it.

Use Firefox [getfirefox.com] instead of IE. It's a far superior browser.

And try VLC media player [videolan.org/vlc], it plays almost all media files, and should make RealPlayer reduntant on your machine.

Both are free.

+1 on both Firefox and VLC.

Don't know about the OP's specific issue but although I find OpenOffice handy generally, it has behaved in a bit of a wobbly manner on me in some respects. It doesn't seem entirely stable e.g. freezing occasionally or refusing to open/delayed opening.

thank you both for ur help - it is really appreciated - sometimes these things are jus so hard to work out sometimes. I will try VLC and mozilla.

Much appreciated

Can't see way there would be any connection between OO and Flash.

That said I also use VLC. Great video player.

it is strang -any time i installed openoffice - i couldn't play videos (online). When I uninstalled and rebooted . i could.

Back