Opel Zafira or Vauxhall Zafira?

DaveD

Thinking of buying a Zafira and have the choice of an "Irish" Opel Zafira or importing a UK Vauxhall Zafira.

Its cheaper to go the UK route (I've done it before with other brands) but have a nagging feeling about selling on a Vauxhall in a couple of years time. I don't think it would bother me if buying here if it was badged an Opel or Vauxhall but maybe it would bother some.

Anybody prefer to buy an Opel over a Vauxhall or vice versa, same cars apart from the badge and grill, the Vauxhall is generally higher spec.

I think anybody that knows Opels would know that they are marketed as Vauxhalls in the UK, I wouldn't worry too much about. It probably won't cost more than a couple of grand by the time you're selling it anyway (being an Opel :) ), so a a hundred or 2 above or below that wouldn't make much difference!

I think it would be a negative if you are selling/trading it here sometime in the future.

Japanese imports (some of which are essentially only rebadged) are cheaper than "local" alternatives.

I think worst case is what you save now over buying an Opel, you will lose when trading so you wouldn't be out of pocket. Typically UK cars (incl. Vauxhall) are higher spec so that could make car more appealing/valuable when you trade in. Anyone who knows anything about cars would know that they are the same and often come off the same assembly line.

Back