Opel Astra Life 2005 for Sale for 14,800? Is it a good deal?

Lauren

Hi all,

Have a chance of buying an Opel Astra (1.4L) for around 14, 800. Its a 2005, 9 months old. No a/c or electric mirrors but it has alloy wheels...and it has 48,000km on the clock. I know the mileage is high but I am reliably informed that it is in brilliant condition. Is it a good deal?

Sounds about right - I'd suggest you have a look at carzone.ie to get an idea of what an appropriate price is for the model and year in question.

By my reckoning the new model Astra 2005 base model is going for about 15900. I guess the car you are looking at has be discounted by €1000 because of the unusually high milage.

If I were buying an Astra I'd probably look at a higher speced 2004 new model with lower milage - it will proabably cost you the same.

No. But I will level with you. I was first told about that car on a post here about six weeks ago. Then I took my little sister over to see it a couple of weeks back. We spent almost two hours with the bloke selling it while a mechanic friend of mine checked it over.

Bottom line is when my sister went away and did her maths she wasn't even close to being able to afford it. (Not that I knew that at the time).

So now I'm feeling a bit guilty about wasting so much of your mans time, so I reckon that there's no harm in posting the odd link, where appropriate, that might get him a sale.

You could call it a Karma thing.