Opel 50/50 issue - took full payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinaella

Hello,

Looking for some advice, I purchased a car on an opel 50/50 deal and decided to roll the finance over and trade the car in for another new opel and continue with the 50/50 deal.

I sent the forms off to the finance company and went into my dealer and ordered the new car - but the finance company have taken the balance (20k) from my account as they did not receive an order form from the car dealer - the car dealer says they were not aware they had to send the form in even though thats the process.

I'm now left with no funds in the bank and being charged for an overdraft not to mention the situation of not having funds to pay bills and mortgage and the car dealer does not see the issue even though they caused the problem ... I mentioned them taking the hit of the charges I'm about to be hit with and they all but laughed at me.

Any ideas where I stand? I did everything that opel asked and the dealer forgot a critical part of the process causing the money to be taken - surly the least they could do is cover my charges? should I take legal advice?

Thanks in advance - my wife is fairly upset as she was at the supermarket with full shopping trolley when her card bounced (and she was with our next door neighbour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back