Opel 50-50 deal

horatio1

Bought a car in 07 from opel on the 50-50 deal. Balance is due this month and was thinking of doing same again on the new Insignia.
Met with sales person and while quite happy with the trade in price I was surprised when he told me they were now charging a premiun of € 300 if you go with the 50-50 offer on the Insignia and € 900 on the Antara.
Anybody else experience of this I thought with the way things are the last thing car dealers would be at is introducing new charges.

No charge for the 50:50 on Astra. However, I'm not doing it as a lump sum. My 50 is my old car, and the other 50 is their term loan, 0% interest.

He said it is just on the 2 new models Insignia/Antara which seemed strange to me.Going back to see him Saturday with a list of what I want/am prepared to pay and will be going somewhere else if he does not get a flexible.

No harm making a phone call to another Opel dealer before signing the dotted line. It does seem strange in this climate though.

In fact, Horatio, because I signed up in Dec I got €200 voucher in post for Dunnes Stores, which came in handy for the Christmas shopping.

Just FYI I got told a charge of 500 for the 50:50 for a sports hatch and a charge of 300 for the Insignia.

Also noted that the garages I've visited have been impossible to negotiate with, they give you two offers - take it or leave it, was very surprised they are so disinterested in negotiating for the sake of making a sale.

All I know is I have to pay a lump sum on my Opel, car is not well, not worth diddly and I have a car loan. Why oh why aaargh.

Hi-it now more than ever pays to shop around - 0 charge for doing a 50:50 deal in one Dublin based opel garage. 500 charge for 50:50 on the same car in a different dublin Garage!

Back