Only want to print in black

Pickle

I have a dell printer and when I want to print a page that is in color but only want it to be in black how do I do this or is it possible.Can I default that all pages that I want to print only print in black.

When you choose 'file' & then 'print' ('or control + p' or whatever way you normally print), when the print dialogue page pops up there should be a 'properties' button beside the printer name.

Click the 'properties' button, then choose the 'Paper/Quality' tab, & you should be able to choose 'black & white' there. Then click 'ok', & 'ok' on the original dialogue pop up page.

Your system might be slightly different, but that's a rough guide what to do. I don't know whether or not you can set b&w as default, I can't on mine but yours might give you that option.

When I go into properties button there is no option to choose Paper/Quality, only 3 options Print setup, advanced, maintenance, tried all them but no sign of option to choose black only

When I go into properties button there is no option to choose Paper/Quality, only 3 options Print setup, advanced, maintenance, tried all them but no sign of option to choose black only
Oh, ok - sorry I can't help so - maybe try doing a google search for 'print a page in balck & white on a dell[insert model number]' & see if you have any luck.