Only 14 TDs opt for 10% pay cut

What's this voluntary nonsense?

Force a cut of 10%, then cut it again. They've no chance of getting the public onside for the cuts coming down the line if this sort of thing continues.

Once again our Govt has proven that at the end of the day they are just like pigs with their snouts in a trough...

Not standing up for them. BUT they have taken a cut in the form of the pension levy which is a pay cut in all but name.

On 100k basic so i haven't idea what level they would be on.......but 2% more after tomorrows budget !!!

Not standing up for them. BUT they have taken a cut in the form of the pension levy which is a pay cut in all but name.

On 100k basic so i haven't idea what level they would be on.......but 2% more after tomorrows budget !!!

Make that 5% more because that is what they are going to ask us to contribute to the mess they made.

But beside that point, I can't find the link anymore, but recently a TD complained that with all the hours of work he had to put in he was working below minimum wage anyhow.

One way of getting rid of the political profession is term limits or not providing them with an outrages salary but rather a compensation depending on how much they show up and fair expenses.

It's stupid of us to pay a lot of money to a political class that does nothing to help us.

Is that the income levy you mean ??

Is that the income levy you mean ??

Well I have to take it back, instead of doing the right thing and asking us to take a major hit by putting in a realistic figure to get 8 billion out of the system it now looks like they only take 3.5 Billion out and the levy is only going to double if I can trust the Irish Times.

Once again our Goverment shows they can't make the hard decisions, instead of cleaning up the mess by making the right decisions they make half baked decision.

I would have been quite happy to pay higher taxes if they would have taken out all the money they needed by a 2:1 ratio of spending cuts and taxation and keep their fingers out of the toxic bank loans, but it looks like they go the other way.

Maybe I really should look at Bulgaria or some other state to move to.

TD's salary's should be set that they are 2 or 2.5 times the average industrial wage, and this should be tracked, so if the country is doing badly like now their wages are modified to reflect this.
`

McCreevey is responsible for so many sneaky perks our public representitves are receiving, ex-minister's pension, ex-td's pension, pay rise after 7 years for TD's...i certainly hope lenihan has the cop on to stop all these this afternoon however when our td's are refusing to allow their postage to be tracked i wont be too hopeful