Online purchase-Paid by CC but no goods

F

Freddy

I recently made a purchase online just before Christmas. 2 days after purchasing the money was taken out of my CC (under a different website name) but I have recieved no goods. I have not named the website as I dont think we can here, anyway the website was a different name.
I am also concerned that when purchasing these goods I had to give details such as date of birth etc. The website is now stating it does not recognise my email address etc. and are not replying to my queries. Can I get the bank to pull the payment back from CC?

this happened to a friend and I'm pretty sure that calling your credit card company and explaining the situation might help... after that he's got in his card this thing called purchase protection. good luck!

Yes, can't you just ask your credit card to cancel the payment?

My wife has a similar experience. Paid using PAYPAL but nothing arrived and no answers received from seller. Eventually got the refund from Mastercard.

You should be able to claim back money from CC. But suggest you also check out consumer agency website. I recall the rep from there did a spot on Pat Kenny about goods bought over the net that didn't show up, what your rights are, and how to go about getting your money back. Doubtless this info is on the website. Here is the link to the relevant section on the national Consumer Agency.http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Shopping-from-Home/

you probably bought your goods from a phish site. As you were saying, a different website took the money from your CC, but the one you bought the goods from was from the real site..better luck next time dude!