Online PBX telephone sytem required...

micka

Hi folks,

Need to find a company that is like Skype but is based on the needs of small business users.

Essentially what i need is service that has an online Control Panel that is the digital equivalent of an old exchange switching service.

So if you can picture a list of numbers on the left hand side that connect to a list of numbers on the right hand side. The routing can switch at different times of the day depending on which staff member is 'on call'.

Also need the service where i can personally edit the list of numbers that are reached when a customer ringing one number.

You know - enquirers/customers ring an 1890 number and get options such as the following - 'Dial 1 for Account Enquiries, Dial 2 for Breakdown Assisitance, 3 for Reservation Amendments.

Surely there's some online VOIP system (kinda like skype) where you can

- purchase geographic numbers,
- set up chain forwarding,
- set up differing voicemail / mailboxes.

Eircom / BT can only offer hardware solutions which are horrendously expensive. 4 Dual-ISDN lines, 2 PBX systems, etc...!

Would like to support an Irish company too.

Any idea's suggestions.

Cheers,

Mike N.

Connect IT Hosted PBX

Hi Mike,
Our company Connect IT (connectit dot ie) provide about 95% of what you need, all we're missing is the interface just as you describe it, but we have clients doing something very similar whereby 'agents' can log in from landlines or IP phone to particular queues associated with options on an auto-attendant, i.e. Dialling 1 for sales puts the caller on the sales queue where agents are waiting to take the call.
We're very flexible and can work on getting the interface as you need. Check out the site and drop us a line if you think we can help.

Regards
John Brennan

Here are good Skype alternatives:

Gizmo Project
Google Talk
iChat
Jajah
Oovoo
Sightspeed
VBuzzer
VoIP Buster