Online Ordering of Non-Essential Items

That's interesting, they let you go right up to checkout without any warning. I got a delivery from Power Tool World last week, so no issues there.

Seem a lot of these type of businesses have a lot of customers at the moment as we try to keep ourselves busy.

That's interesting, they let you go right up to checkout without any warning. I got a delivery from Power Tool World last week, so no issues there.
I checked today and it's actually been closed for the last week so I was wrong.

Reactions: Leo
Woodies have just reopened for delivery also.
Yes but only for a limited range of items I think - those deemed essential. I've been trying to buy some cement all week for a job out the back but it seems it is not for sale anywhere as it is not on the list of essential items (I have the sand already).

If you are worried that the Corornavirus might be on the items you buy, you can just quarantine them in your garage or a spare room for 3 days.

How define are you about the three days. It may be fake news, but live Coronavirus was found on one of those contaminated cruise ships 17 days after all passengers disembarked.

How define are you about the three days. It may be fake news, but live Coronavirus was found on one of those contaminated cruise ships 17 days after all passengers disembarked.

My understanding is that while virus genetic material was found after 17 days that was not 'live'.
Official source on 72 hours below and on the cruise ship.

[broken link removed]

Yes but only for a limited range of items I think - those deemed essential. I've been trying to buy some cement all week for a job out the back but it seems it is not for sale anywhere as it is not on the list of essential items (I have the sand already).
Their website shows that they are delivering cement.

Heh heh, yeah at €10.49 per bag I'd probably be paying around €315 for sand I don't need in order to get the 100KG of cement I do need, when I can hold off and buy the cement later for just €25 ... I think I'll wait! :D

Heh heh, yeah at €10.49 per bag I'd probably be paying around €315 for sand I don't need in order to get the 100KG of cement I do need, when I can hold off and buy the cement later for just €25 ... I think I'll wait! :D
Sure you have it, why not spend it?
Think of all the money you're saving not eating out and buying fine wines.

Details please Paddy, I'll hop in the car immediately! :) I rang our local hardware store (who are open for call and collect) only to be told it wasn't classed as an essential item so was not available for sale! Anyways, enough about cement, it gets me out of a job for a bit longer so I'm not complaining!

Back