Online International Payments

Louise77

Does anyone know which banks allow international payments online - I know BOI doesn't so I'm thinking of switching...
Thanks
L

Re: Online International Payents

AIB do them. Its free for non-urgent ones & 12.70 for same day transfers.

I know BOI doesn't so I'm thinking of switching...
L

I was told by BOI last Xmas that they will have an online service available in June or July. I would`nt rush to change just yet

NIB allow this and you can do it all yourself - none of the rubbish that requires you to pre-registrar each payee like you get with some of the other banks

I was told by BOI last Xmas that they will have an online service available in June or July. I would`nt rush to change just yet
i was told last april that it would be ready around august 2006, i wouldn't hold my breath for BOI to come up with this service

i used this AIB method back in November. Paid the 12.70 same day transfer. The money arrived in the account within 5 minutes of me sending the transfer. Pretty amazing service really.

BOI has it on their business online system - not yet on Banking 365. Their paper system at branches is called Interpay

New SEPA agreements effective 1st Jan next mean that the systems between banks will change effective from then. Does not much affect the personal customer, but impacts on the internal workings of cross-border payments and so systems may need redevelopment - this may be impacting on BOI project.

BTW, under regulation 2560, the charges for cross-border euro transactions should be the same as equivalent transactions within Ireland. It should cost the same to transfer to Munich or Milan as to Mullingar. Cost for normal transfer should be very low (less than €1 for most banks. Cost for same-day is higher

Back