Online DVD rentals - anyone use them?

Hi, ive used screenclick. Quite honestly ,nothing personal against screenclick,but its a bit like the old sandwich toaster,great novelty but gets to be a pain after a while and too much hassle.
Basically you order a dvd online,they post it out and then when you are finished with it , they then post the next one you order .

The problem is that all of this posting back and them posting to you takes a while,so you would be very lucky to get one a week in my experience.

Then its remembering to post it back,and they dont post out your next one untill they recieve the one you have..

Anyhow I found it better to go to a shop and browse and see what Im in the humour of watching.Give it a go ,Its not expensive and the postage is free .As far as I know you dont have to sign up for a period of time.
deew

I was with movie star and wouldn't recommend them because they require you to set up a direct debit via your credit card. I cancelled after two months as I didn't have time to watch the movies and returned the DVDs' which I had received. That was ok until I noticed my credit card bill, every month for four months afterwards they kept taking out the monthly fee of approx 30euro despite me having cancelled. It took ages to sort it out, they said I hadn't returned the DVDs' and I had no evidence of postage to proof I had. I think if direct debit is with a bank, it would be easier to cancel but it's nigh impossible with a credit card.

I have used Moviestar for the past 8 months or so. I find them good in that they are very quick to post out your DVD once they have received yours back. I have the deal that allows you to take out 2 DVDS at a time but I have a terrible tendency to hang on to DVDS and not watch them for maybe 2-3 months (because I get stuck into boxsets!). Also, one very annoying thing I find with moviestar (not sure about other companies) is that they divide series, even short series, in to disc by disc. This means that you could get the first part of a series and then maybe not get the second part for ages (am still waiting for a 2nd part 3 months after watching the first part).

We used moviestar.ie and found them terrible. Everything was hassle....we never got any movies in our top 5 selection and to prove my point about their complete lack of "availability" I reduced my request list to only wanting one movie and they couldn't send it. Basically, they get so few copies of new releases that it takes ages to get them - it was very very poor.

I just find that you have much more control over what you want to watch, i.e. what you're in the mood for, when you go to chartbusters/xtravision.

Back