Online DVD rental

kramer2006

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good online DVD rental services?

I've been with with ScreenClick/DVDRentals for ages now, but their service has been really desperate for the last few months. Even when you have a full 'wishlist' they don't have the stock to send you out two DVDs. So you have to wait until they have your titles available! It seems they've a lot more customers now, but haven't increased their stock to keep up with demand. They also ignore emails when you write to complain that your DVDs haven't arrived. Shocking service, why pay money for that??

Anybody had any experiences with these DVD rental companies?

kramer.

Hi Kramer2006,
I always got the impression that these were a bit of a rip-off anyway, and that you needed to watch a lot of movies to get your money's worth... I would rather be able to decide to not watch a movie, and not have to worry about how much it's costing me to not watch it!

Anyway, Moviestar are another option I know of. Don't fall for their 'free dvd player' offer - players only cost about €30 these days anyway - just evaluate them based on the service & costs outlined.

Also, if ScreenClick/DVDRentals are failing to meet their obligations under the terms of the contract that you have with them, you should rattle their cage and get the consumers association involved!
Happy viewing!

Thanks for the link glazer, that's a pretty good price for their 3-DVD plan. It remains to be seen if their service is any good. I'm sceptical about the DVD players also. If they're giving away these DVD players, how good can they be?

There's another site I found: [broken link removed]

Their range of DVDs looks pretty good but the website doesn't look the best. Not a good sign; if you're selling an online service and you can't even be bothered to make the site look decent ...

The thing that annoys me about ScreenClick is that both of the DVDs they sent me were faulty, not only did they fail to send me replacements, but they completely ignored my emails!!!

(Is it me, or is service everywhere getting worse and worse???)

K.

There is quite a bit of discussion on both BusyBee and ScreenClick-if you use the search facility you should find it easily enough.

Wasn't that a real sneaky thing ScreenClick did, 'A Colleague rented a DVD.....and we reported them to Disney Miramax.

I'd probably still go with Moviestar out of the two of them, as Screenclick are just sore that they have competitors!

G

OMG! ScreenClick must be complete idiots to admit that they shopped MovieStar! Not a great piece of PR for ScreenClick. Like the above poster, I'd be more inclined to go with MovieStar having learned this.

Can people please be careful of what they post in relation to subject matter such as this and pay heed to the following posting guideline:

did get a copy today, can you post the promotional code?

We signed up with Screenclick through their 1c O2 promotion, and so far haven't managed to get 1 of our top 10 selection, but we've enjoyed it. Averaging at 1 dvd per week, whereas we'd normally watch 1 per month!
Probably won't extend our membership when promo runs out.