Online check in BA

FTB81

Hi, I'm flying to Sydney soon (with British Airways) and was wondering if anyone knows if you check in online can you check your bags all the way thru to the end destination? I'm flying from Dublin to Heathrow and then on to Sydney. Can I check in online and get my bags sent all the way to Sydney?
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Did you book a through ticket Dublin - Sydney, then your bags are booked through to Sydney. If you booked a seperate ticket Dublin - LHR then if the flight is delayed BA are not liable, you will also need to collect your bags and checkin again in LHR.

Not much benefit in online checkin if you have bags AFAIK.

You can check yourself and any people travelling with you in online. But unfortunately if you have bags you still have to visit the counter staff to have them checked in.

Unless things have changed recently you won't be able to online check in on a BA ticket on the Aer Lingus Codeshare flights from DUB-LHR - ba.com won't allow you to check in for Aer Lingus operated flights and Aerlingus.com will only allow check in on Aer Lingus issued tickets, not BA ones ... nor will you be able to use the Aer Lingus self service machines I don't think - so it will be old fashioned queueing up at the desk.

You might be able to check in on BA.com for your Heathrow - Sydney flight 24 hours in advance of it's departure so you can select decent seats .. not sure if that would work given that you won't have checked in for the DUB-LHR flight before it but it might be worth a shot

Unless things have changed recently you won't be able to online check in on a BA ticket on the Aer Lingus Codeshare flights from DUB-LHR - ba.com won't allow you to check in for Aer Lingus operated flights and Aerlingus.com will only allow check in on Aer Lingus issued tickets, not BA ones ... nor will you be able to use the Aer Lingus self service machines I don't think - so it will be old fashioned queueing up at the desk.

You might be able to check in on BA.com for your Heathrow - Sydney flight 24 hours in advance of it's departure so you can select decent seats .. not sure if that would work given that you won't have checked in for the DUB-LHR flight before it but it might be worth a shot

You can check in for the Sydney flight online 24 hours before it's departure this allows you to choose your own seat. You won't be able to do this for the Dub-LHR flight and will have to queue at the desk. They will check your bags all the way through to Sydney at the desk as long as the booking is on the one itinerary.

Even if you have separate tickets you may still be able to check the bags through to your final destination. We travelled SNN-LHR-Cape Town a few weeks ago. We had booked SNN-LHR with AL, and LHR-CPT separately with SAA. The AL at SNN staff offered to check the bags through and we didn't have to pay any baggage charges.

Back