Onkyo TX-SR507 5.1 Home Theatre Receiver with Jamo A402 HSC5

Onkyo are synonymous with quality in this area so it is certainly a good piece of kit. For the same price, however, I see that you can get the Panasonic SC-BT205 system which pretty much does the same thing, but which also has an integrated Blu Ray player. I have also lost a lot of respect for iBood..thay used to be very competitive on price but over the last year have fallen away dramatically in my opinion.

for what its worth, the 5 indicates the onkyo is a slightly older model so factor that into price and performance... worth reading reviews

Thanks guys...ya its the 5 series alright but im still pricing the receiver at €277 and the speaker system at over 400 so still looks good. This system also has 4 hdmi's which i good for me as planning on putting my Sky HD and panasonic blue ray player through it.

You can certainly do that, but there is another way that does not require all those HDMI inputs. You connect your HD box and Blu Ray player via HDMI direct to your TV for picture, then use Optical cables from HD box and Blu Ray player to the Onkyo receiver for sound.