Ongar Dublin 15

U

Unregistered

Thinking of renting a housr in Ongar, any one got advise about
it good or bad

well there was a shooting there a couple of weeks back... but i know a couple of folks that live there and they seem pretty happy

Great place to rent. Village is open now with a super coffee shop. Worth a visit to see the area just to relax and have a cup of coffee! Have you considered renting in Tyrrelstown? The traffic isn't as bad in the mornings as it is in Ongar. The shops in Tyrrelstown opened yesterday. Superquinn and Lidl so far but a new pub is opening soon. Tyrrelstown is worth checking out aswell. Rents might be a little cheaper than Ongar.

I think if I was renting I would look at a place close to work or close to where I really want to be - whether that's by the sea, close to the city centre, beside the mountains, beside family or wherever.

The difference between renting in very desirable areas such as Clontarf, Sandymount, Blackrock etc and places in west Dublin is not always that much (compared to the difference if you were buying in these places I mean).

Apart from that, I believe Ongar is nice. Bad traffic, hard to get places in schools, but there's new shops / restaurant / pub opened up nearby so for a singleton with no kids (who can work from home??) it could be perfect.

Bear in mind that if you work in town, Clonsilla train station is walking distance from Ongar. A big plus when train takes 25 - 30 mins to get to city centre at rush hour, versus over an hour by bus from comparable areas in west dublin.

It would be fair walk from Ongar to the train station. Especially if you lived in at the back of the estate. It could be as long as 25 mins I reckon. If you are house hunting in the Dublin 15 area check out [broken link removed], don't know if Ongar have a website.

Is Ongar the development with which there was uproar at the poor quality sound insulation which led to some people putting their properties on the market within 2 weeks of moving in? If so it might be something to take into consideration.

I have recently rented a terraced house in Ongar.
No noise whatsover from those next door which i must admit surprised me. I have a friend however who bought an apartment and has raised concerns over the noise levels. He had it checked out and despite the noise it allegedly conforms with all the regulations!

If its a house your renting I wouldn't worry.

Shops have just opened so everything is on your doorstep.

Live there myself - not renting.

Great place to live very quiet and nice joggin route if you follow the path around up through littleplace and back around in through Ongar Park. Im From Rathfarnham too so its a bit of a change been on the west of the city.. Recommend Ongar Park, Sound proofing there is fine not sure about the village but havent heard anything.. Ongar Village is lovely though.. very relaxing..

Transport:
70N nighlink into Ongar r 39N to Clonsilla Inn.
39 Bus really frequent
Clonsilla Train is class bit of a walk but I get it where possible

Live in a new development on the clonee side of ongar and if you want to get into town, the handiest to cycle to the train station at clonsilla. It takes me 12 mins to do so, about 8 mins from ongar which is closer. The village is opening up which is great. If you have kids it is not great because the government couldn't care less about schools or traffic etc which is terriable around blanch especially in the morning. The train at 8:15 and 8;30 is really cramped. However the benefit is there is standing room at clonsilla but if you live closer to town forget about, there is no room for you to get on. On the rental side I would definately rent there if you are thinking of buying there in the future.

Back