One week honeymoon, April, suggestions?

R

RIAD_BSC

Hi,

We are getting married at the end of March next year. Due to the fact that close friends are getting married 10 days later, we only have a week for our honeymoon, because we really want to come back for their wedding too. So we can't go too far. Also, honeymoon week will be easter week, so everywhere nice will probably be mobbed with families.

We plan to fly out on Monday March 29 and return a week later (friend's wedding is Tuesday April 6th).

We know we won't get good weather at that time of year anywhere in Europe, but would prefer the weather to at least be slightly more settled than Ireland. Also, because it is only a week, I guess it has to be somewhere you can fly directly from Dublin. Also, I am concerned that many Ryanair routes to interesting places etc don't begin their schedules until closer to summer.

We don't really want a city week. Something like the south of Italy, where we could drive around the countryside (we've been to Siciliy already) could suit us. Someone else suggested Umbria (like Tuscany, they said, but less mobbed and cheaper). A foodie region of France is another option, but I'm afraid it will be lashing rain and freezing.

Have all you AAM boffins any good suggestions? All are appreciated.

safest bets for sunny weather in April in Europe would be Portugal and Malta. a week in portugal would be nice if you flew into Lisbon then worked your way down to the algarve and flew out of Faro. Beautiful countryside once you keep off the motorways.

Algarve is nice in March/April, it won't be hot but it should be mild and it's very relaxing. You can fly direct to Faro from Dublin.

Why not try a skiing holiday - something different and may get a good deal as near the end of the season. Make sure to go high altitude.

Have been to Umbria, it is like tuscany but less mobbed and cheaper as well but also it is less polished (There is ugly industrial areas but a few miles away there will be an amazing village or fantastic scenary). I loved it, ever preferred it to Tuscany and there is some amazing food and wine in Umbria. If going check out the Agritourism for places to stay. i used [broken link removed]site

Weather wise I was there in Early june and there was lots of thunderstormss. Supposedly the week before it had been lovely so i doubt you'll guarantee settled weather.

Hi,

We are getting married at the end of March next year. Due to the fact that close friends are getting married 10 days later, we only have a week for our honeymoon, because we really want to come back for their wedding too. So we can't go too far. Also, honeymoon week will be easter week, so everywhere nice will probably be mobbed with families.

Have you considered waiting with your honeymoon until after your friends' wedding ? We got married last September but our honeymoon is in December for the simple reason that we wanted a Caribbean cruise and during hurricane season there is a distinct danger of it being little less romantic.

If money is not a problem i say go to the 5 star Fortina in Sliema, Malta.With All inclusive you get a choice of six restaurants.Weather should be good,although there is not much else in Sliema,but a trip to Valletta and one to Mdina could be done.

Back