one tv point - how do I get satellite & aerial together

ted

Does anyone know if you can send a satellite signal and 2 tv aerials down the one co ax cable and diplex at the tv for satellite and tv. I made the mistake of only putting one tv point in each room and have a free to air dish + a UHFaerial and a VHF aerial. I'd rather not brig the satellite co ax down the wall. Any ideas suggestions appreciated.

Thanks Towger but I don't think I have any option as the house is complete with concrete 1 st floor and Under Floor Heating or is there a way around it?

I think I can answer this one because I'm very proud of being able to do it myself recently! I have Sky and have a cable running out of RF2 outlet in the back of the box up in to a booster in the attic. It goes in to the UHF feed and the RTE aerial goes in to the VHF feed. All my TV points are then attached to the outlets on the booster. I've tuned in a channel on my TVs so that I can watch whatever is on my Sky box in any room in the house through the ordinary RTE aerial connection. I also installed a Remote Eye in the bedroom so I can change the channels from there, otherwise I can just watch what's tuned in on the SKY Box at the time in any other room. In order to get the Remote Eye to work I had to buy a bypass kit for about €14 as the signal can't pass through the booster so the Remote Eye gadget is connected in to the UHF point and the bypass kit is connected in outlet in the booster which feeds the TV point in the bedroom. Hope this answers your question, it's a bit long-winded!

Thanks DaisyBell. Would I be able to get the cable from the RF out to the attic as I only have a single tv point in each room? Would I not need this point for feed coming down?

Hi DaisyBell.
I have a SKY BOX downstairs and got a remote eye for the tv in the bedroom .But it is not working ,what is this bypass kit and were do you bye it.
thanks
Ray

thanks Daisybell. that sound like it will work for me when I get around to sky. to answer !ray it sounds like you need an 'up' feed and a 'down' feed. ie sky down and then back up to the splitter amplifier in the attic. presume you can split the signal from that RF2 box ie one straight to telly and one to attic?

Ted, I just have one aerial socket in each room, the one that was installed for RTE etc. It works perfectly, believe me. I spent a long time figuring it out but it works perfectly. You're just sending your Sky signal out from the RF outlet and you're feeding it back in to your ordinary aerial socket.

!Ray, I got mine bypass kit in the local electrical shop where I bought the remote eye. I saw them this evening in B&Q. They're in the section with the remote controls etc. & are just called a by-pass kit. The remote eye will work if you just have your cable running out of your Sky box directly in to the back of your other TV or DVD but once you introduce the likes of a booster, the signal can't pass through it so you need the by-pass kit. It's just like 2 splitters that you add in to your booster. You also have to enable the remote eye on your Sky box. I can't remember exactly how but the instructions would have been with it when you bought it.

Happy viewing everyone ;)

Back