one toilet not filling up after immersion ran dry

Brianp

hi folks,

Our water supply was cut off for a day while road works were on going and during this time my emmersion tank ran dry. Since then, one of my toilets no longer fills up with water..... or rather, does fill up but only with a small trickle of water pressure. Its an apartment and the emmersion is on the ground floor as are all the toilets and operated by as far as i know a "negative feed pump" I have tried to reset the pump by turning it off for 5 seconds and turning it back on again as it says in the manual. i have tried this numerous times but to no avail. its strange that all the other toilets are working fine as well as the showers. I think its an air blockage but dont know for sure.
I hope its something simple and would appreciate any ideas before i call out a plumber.
cheers
Bp

What do you mean? It was stuck "up" thus not allowing the cistern to fill or something?

What do you mean? It was stuck "up" thus not allowing the cistern to fill or something?

I guess you could say it was stuck "up"
I had a look inside and saw a black ring, gave it a wiggle and presto the water came gushing out.

Glad you got fixed up. I'm the same a cistern and adjacent tap, for sure an airlock. Any ideas anyone on fixing same. Have used a pipe to suck for all I'm worth from the tap but no joy so far

Gerry