One ticket different airlines and baggage charges

aido71

Hi all......am hoping to book a trip to florida this summer and have found some decent fares but am confused when it comes to baggage charges. Grand if all with same airline but for example a ticket booked through American Airlines Dublin to Orlando is actually aer lingus to london then British airways onwards yet on AA ticket. The exact same fare is available with British airways same flights aer lingus dub-gatwick then BA to orlando. My confusion is with Baggage charges. It is all very vague on the web sites.....mentions 'Baggage charges may apply with other airlines'.....tried ringing but got same vague answers. So question is anyone trave with a ticket under one airlines name yet utilising partner airlines and end up with baggage fees that you were not expecting? It is all unclear at least to me!! but then i am easily confused!!

I'm fairly sure the customer gets the higher baggage allowance applicable - so Aer Lingus is 20kg but BA/AA are 23kg you get the 23kg. Best bet is just to ring AA customer support.

Back