One party never signed rate form

pablohoney

Hi all , I don’t know if this is in the right place. Anyways I’ve had issues with a mortgage whereby my fathers a co borrower but not on deeds (initially was supposed to be a guarantor for 5 years but this was changed- currently in mediation with fspo). Anyways when going through all documentation with fine tooth comb I’ve discovered my father never signed the fixed rate form when we took the mortgage out (form is only signed by applicant 1 - applicant 2 is blank). I also chose to go for interest only for 3 years. This form again was only signed by one applicant (me) and the 2nd applicant space was left blank. This mortgage then reverted onto a variable after 3 years but nothing was signed as the agreement signed by me was that it would revert to variable at the end of term unless fixed again. Also my father never was notified of this as he wasn’t living at my address and never received anything to his address. Is there any way here where we could argue that father was never offered tracker rate. In fact he was never offered any rate . Any advice appreciated

Can't see where tracker fits in here, you were aware in the signed agreement that your mortgage would revert to variable unless fixed.

Can't see where tracker fits in here, you were aware in the signed agreement that your mortgage would revert to variable unless fixed.
Hi Dereko. I was indeed. My father who is also on the mortgage as a co borrower however did not sign anything or was not offered any rate. When I got into deifficulty with the mortgage they started phoning him looking for payment on a loan he never signed a rate for . This arose due to my father being on a mortgage as a co guarantor when we both thought that he was going to be a guarantor for 5 years. So my question is . My father was being asked to pay a loan that he never signed a rate form for. At the time of the loans inception tracker mortgages were still a thing. So my question is could my father argue he was never offered a tracker - which he clearly wasn’t

Joint names but when agreeing we thought he was a guarantor but later realised he was in fact a co borrower

Back