on line purchase of voucher for meal in the US?

A.J

Hi All,

I'm trying to organise a gift for someone in the US and I thought it might be nice to get a voucher for a meal - does anyone know of any good websites who offer the service to purchase gift vouchers to really nice restaurants?

Or any other ideas for gifts for people in the US?

Thanks

Narrow down the search area, where does you reciepient live?

I heard on the radio about Galtee doing a 'Christmas Breakfast' delivered to your door. They're marketing it for the Irish in America.

A lot of restaurants offer this service on their websites. They do charge for it, mind you - I was going to order an Olive Garden gift voucher (chain of nice Italian restaurants) for some friends once, but they were charging about $10 for shipping. Hang on - just checked www.olivegarden.com and they are currently doing free shipping for the holiday season. Others might do the same.

If you know where your friends like to eat, try searching for the restaurant's website. Failing that, use Google to do a search on the area where they live, then "search within results" for a restaurant.

Thanks a mil for the replies - they live in arizona, scottsdale to be exact.

I have a friend in Texas, and I sent him stuff bought on Amazon.com (US site) but posted to him using the 'Gift Address'.

Hhe got the item and just a packing slip, but the bill was paid by me and total emailed to me only. Might be worth a look to see what they have, as the .co.uk site seems to have branched out a bit.

Back