On board baggage size

Gunnerbar

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding baggagen size for on board a Ryanair plane.

Am flying to Malaga and am hoping to bring a mid-size wheeled case on board. Have done it before but had a problem in Gatwick when security insisted that it had to be checked in as it didn't quite fit on the cage they use to assertane sizes. It fitted in lenght ways but the wheels stopped it from fitting in the other way. Sheesh.

Question is are Ryanair picky themselves about the size and weight of the baggage being brought on board or will I be ok as it's not that big a case and fits in the bins. And do they actually weigh them.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you are near a Debenhams store, they have very handy cards in their luggage dept that give the maximun demensions for most airlines carry on baggage size.

If you're bringing a bag that size as carry on then I take it you're checking in online?

If so the first place you encounter Ryanair staff will be at the gate. If you're flying out of Dublin you would probably be okay but my friend got stopped at the gate going from Cork-Malaga as she had a handbag and her case and Ryanair in theory have a one bag rule.

She said in Malaga on the way home they were strict on bag size at security. Luckily for her she's a stickler for regulations and her bag was small enough. Ryanair's carry on size is actually quite small for an airline that discourages checked bags. Easyjet's policy is whatever you can lift into the overhead bins without assistance.