omni park shopping complex,Santry

R

rooney

Hi all,
Im considering opening a small business in the Omni park complex Santry. Im looking for some feedback from locals on,
1 How the centre is doing,
2 What sort of catchment area does it serve,
3 Any other general information regarding the area that may be relevant.
Many thanks for your replies

I live here and call in often. They have a good range of shops with an extension only added in the last few years. Like everywhere else they are victims of the recession and some places have closed down but some new ones have opened. Mostly there at a weekend when it does be quite busy so don't know what it would be like during the week

I live near by and would agree with Sue, as she says there have being some closures recently but new tenants have come in such as Argos and Boots. There is a good mix of shops in the centre but the Tesco is not the best and I think if they could sort it out, it would increase immensely the center's appeal (There is another Tesco's down the road in Artane which is a model store). The new extension is grt and has really brought up the look of the whole center. Wife loves Tempest, and Hughs and Hughs have a book store with Costa beside which is grt IMO.
It does have a good catchment Santry, Beaumont, Artane, Whitehall etc etc. Its good for causal shopping but if on more serious trip I think most people would either go to the Pavilion, Blanch or the Valley. The center seems to do decent business and seems busy most times I'm there but not rammed.

One word of Caution IMO I would be nervous on taking a letting on upper fall of mall if looking for passing trade , unless being given very good terms since a number of stores have closed up there, IMO they need a few more big name stores on the 1st level of mall to draw people up there I would guess 80% or more of footfall do not visit the 1st level at all.

Best of luck whatever you decide

Hi all,
Im considering opening a small business in the Omni park complex Santry. Im looking for some feedback from locals on,
1 How the centre is doing,
2 What sort of catchment area does it serve,
3 Any other general information regarding the area that may be relevant.
Many thanks for your replies

Well did you open yet and what is the business? I am just a nosy omni goer always on the lookout for new places opening to visit

i am nosy too, I was in omni alomst every day of maternity leave and it was always busy. Since I am back to work my visits are less frequent but when I am there it seems to be very quiet. Agree with comment re upper floor, I do go to the upper floor because there is a nice boutique called Joni with some nice stuff worth looking at. Recently Adams Baby and Hughes and Hughes have closed, both prime spots in the center. I think with omni footfall is good but I would have concerns over the conversion rate, lots of ;hanger outers' ... HTH

Back