Oldtown Demense, Naas

F

fam

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you have any views on the new housing estate Aldergove in Oldtown Demense, Naas? We viewed the showhouse recently and loved it.

Really like Naas as there are lots of things to do and Sallins train station is also close by.

Any opinions appreciated in advance... Cheers.

Its an excellent town - I don't live too far away - and you're right beside a new school and the GAA club.

I would have thought that the gardens were too small for my needs, but that's just a small thing. They are really nice-looking and are definitely on the best side of the town.

Good luck with it.

Naas is a good country town and your into Newlands cross in 20 minutes. Good schools and it doesn't feel like a lot of the other new suburban built up areas like Clane, it has a character to itself
Shopping isn't great, Tescos is a nightmare at weekends as it is so small. There is a new shopping centre being built however, and relief road which will help.
Be aware if you are heading to Dublin in the morning, traffic up to the main road can be heavy as you get traffic from Sallins as well.

Agree with the previous poster about garden sizes, however you are within walking distance of town. Other areas worth looking at are Woodlands and most of the estates out the Punchestown Road

Thanks very much for your responses. Very helpful.

Yes, the gardens are small but we are not the greatest of gardeners so we don't mind the compromise!!

Its an excellent town - I don't live too far away - and you're right beside a new school and the GAA club.

I would have thought that the gardens were too small for my needs, but that's just a small thing. They are really nice-looking and are definitely on the best side of the town.

Good luck with it.

Which is the best side of town? What is the likely price of a 3 bed there?

Joejoe

Naas is a great town. There's plenty of facilities for both adults and children. It's hard to say which is the best end of town, as Naas seems to be spreading in all directions, there are some really nice estates on all sides. There are no major 'bad' areas in my opinion.
Probably in terms of facilities, and general buzz, the Dublin end of the town is good. This would include the Blessington Road, Dublin Road, Sallins road areas.
The schools, GAA club, shops are all pretty accessible from these areas.
However I wouldn't like to write off any area in Naas. It is a very accessible town, easy enough to get around. There are some really nice older, more mature estates, and equally lots of newer estates to choose from.
Naas is pricey though, you pay for the central location I guess. A 3 bed could cost you anything from €340,000 upwards.
Some of the more mature estates are now selling 3 beds for about 300,000 and definitely worth a look. eg: Lakelands, Ashgrove, Monread, Roseville.

Back