Oldtown Demense, Naas

Dualtha

Hi would anyone have any information on this development?
We are conisdering putting a deposit on either the Alder Grove (4 bed semi) or the Heron in Oldtown Demense.
I know the Oldtown Demense is an established developed and was wondering why they are not completely sold to date?
Any information good or indifferent is welcome.
Thanks.

Hi Dualtha

I have a Heron in OD. AFAIK, the only Heron left is one down in the "Oldwood" phase which is completely overlooked by the apartments. Also problem of people living in the apartments putting the foot down in the straight road outside the house. There is talk of installing speed ramps on that particular road. There are currently 3 Heron style houses on market (two currently owner occupied and one vacant after tenants). The one with the ex-tenants is on the market for €600 grand and the other two on for €630k. I would argue that these two offer better value as they are both finished to a high standard by the current owners. Its worth pointing out that one of these owners is trading up in the development. Of these two I would personally go for the one in the cul-de-sac (extension on the back). No 1 is great both inside and out but Its beside a lane leading to a carpark. Down the line you might have a problem with kids hanging around. Also I hear that somebody has been fixing cars in the car park and revving the engine late at night. In terms of build quality the houses in OD (those in the latest phase) are built to a high standard. The developer seems genuine enough and has called stopped by on a few occasions to see if everything is fine. He's looking to develop the field behind the current site next to the canal so he's keeping in with people (planning permission). In terms of the people in the estate...most are professionals trading up from estates in the Naas area. All seem pleasant enough.

Cant comment on Aldergrove as I don't know much about them. I suppose your final decision will depend on your budget. Finally - in the last year one second hand Heron came on the market. It guided €630k and sold for €680k. I bet the two on for €630k are hoping for a similar type result - could be tricky in this market.

Thanks for the information Trust01, thats exactly what we were after information wise.

The phase 1 Heron on sale with Gunnes guiding €600k went sale agreed yesterday.

Another Heron gone...this time the one guiding €630k beside the lane has gone sale agreed.

Back