Old Style Post Box in Central Dublin

dubgem

Hi

I'm looking for an old style post box to photograph - either free standing or inset into a wall. Ideally around Dublin city centre or somewhere down around Pearse Street / Grand Canal Street (will have to photograph it in the morning on the way to work as it's dark so early in the evenings these days)

Many thanks

How old? British Post Office or Irish Post office? There is a very old one in the GPO Museum!

Actually that would be perfect - but I doubt if I could get to photograph it at 8.30am!
British Post Office painted green would be fine, although would prefer an old P&T one if you have any ideas.

I have one in my front garden , (bought in local Antique shop)if you wish I'll take a picture and send it to you.

There are several inset ones behind UCD on Roebuck rd and Foster Ave where it meets Stillorgan dual carriageway, if you are coming that way

Thanks for all the replies so far. Alas I need a picture this week and will only be able to take one around the areas mentioned in my original post because of the short daylight hours.

@Mercman, thanks so much for your offer but it would be too difficult to describe what I need in the photograph to have somebody else take it for me. Am v jealous that you have one though, what a find!

GPO is open at 8am

I would recommend the one on Dawson Street

Otherwise there is a graveyard of old boxes in the Cardiff Lane (D2) office

And An Post also hold photos in their archives, pm me if you want the name of the guy who holds these.

Great, thanks @amtc, and Cardiff Lane is close to where i work so can check it out at lunchtime.

Much appreciated!

I'm not sure what way you come to work - there is one in the wall of Loretto College at junction of Sundrive Road if this is any help to you.

Great, thanks @amtc, and Cardiff Lane is close to where i work so can check it out at lunchtime.

Much appreciated!

I have the manager's mobile no, but really what they'll do is direct you to the press office. I also have their mobile numbers. I don't think it'd be any issue.

Thank you all for the suggestions. In the end I used the one on the bottom of Dawson Street (one of those kindly recommended here). The reason I wanted it was that I have a small online business and I wanted a picture to illustrate Christmas posting dates.

If the mods allow, you can see the one I finally chose http://thedasherie.com/blogs/blog/10050053-christmas-posting-dates-2013 (here).

And I also have several other pictures of the same one, if anybody finds themselves in similar need of such a picure drop me a PM and I'll email one to you.

Again, thank-you everybody for the suggestions, very much appreciated!