Old Satellite Receivers

wishbone

Where can one get cheap second hand Satellite receivers. I expect all the people that upgrade from SD to HD with Sky or whatever don't all keep their receivers, yet there aren't many/any in Ireland on ebay...any suggestions?
Thanks

Yes - adverts.ie is good for that sort of thing. Was it specifically an old skybox you were looking for - or you just need a FTA (Free to Air) box?

Yes - adverts.ie is good for that sort of thing. Was it specifically an old skybox you were looking for - or you just need a FTA (Free to Air) box?
FTA box is what I'm really looking for, but thought there'd be a better chance of Sky cast offs...

most car boots sales tend to have the odd one knocking about. lidl / aldi do cheap ones from time to time.

I got a second hand box from eBay a few months back for £8 from a seller in England; cost another £15 for the postage though.

Thanks foggers, I might try another satellite store alright.

To be honest my last experience of tvtrade.ie was not positive. I rang as I had a question about a satellite dish and what came with it, and was told they had spent enough money and effort getting their website to a state to minimise human interaction (his words!!) and that I should go back to their website and look at the videos or send a mail...

Anyway thanks for your suggestion