Old Revolut cards to stop working on 21 June

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I don't recall getting an email about this.

I checked my emails and don't seem to have one.

But is there any other way of checking?

Revolut has warned some Irish customers that they will need to get a new card as many will be stop working next month.

The fin-tech company confirmed that some older debit cards will no longer work come June 21.

Some customers received an email explaining that the latest card will have some new features.

Customers will need to update their current debit card to continue using Revolut services only if they have been contacted by Revolut.

Brendan

I got about 50 of them, which I largely ignored. Eventually clicked on the link and got the new card a few days later.

Thanks Steven

If they had sent multiple emails, I would have noticed one of them.

So my card must be ok.

Brendan

I acted on that email as soon as I got it, that was a few months ago, it was straightforward.

If you want to confirm though. In the app look at the Cards tab, that will list all your cards (physical and virtual). You'll have a section marked Physical and under that it will list any physical cards you have. If there is one marked Legacy Card then you'll need to order a replacement for that card, otherwise you should be grand. I suspect it has to do with when you signed up to Revolut.

I think it's only some cards. 1 of my cards did not change.

Mine were done a couple of months ago but my wife only recently ordered and received hers so it might also be done in batches.

I only got the email yesterday saying my card would stop working in August and to order a free replacement.

Thanks Socrates

That is excellent.

You should write their website for them.

Brendan

Similar to others, my card is expiring in August. My partners one just triggered the other day for Sept.