Old Quarter, Ballincollig, Co.Cork

V

Valerie

I can buy a 2 bedroomed mid terrace house for €125 thousand in Old Quarter. Is this a good buy? It is for rental purposes.

I also can buy a house in Woodview, Sarsfield Road, Wilton, Cork for the same money - this is a much larger 3 bed semi. Which would be the better buy?

The house in Old Quarter is 773 sq feet.

The one in Wilton is 1100 sq ft roughly.

Old Quarter house is beautifully laid out in a very attractive estate. The Wilton property is in an area with a lot of gloomy rental property. Any advice?

I looked at Old Quarter some nicely furnished houses didnt see anything in the €125k region, best I saw was asking €175k and allegedly had an offer of €146k its still for sale though. I also looked at the "Nama" loan ones, asking €130k for a builders finish for two bed end of terrace, I did try and negotiate but hit a brick wall.I would be looking at living there not as an investment. With the amount of vacant property there I dont know about the viability of the rental market but I am no expert.
Wilton would have the potential advantage of being close to the CUH, CIT and at a stretch UCC.But I know that rents in Wilton have dropped in one estate in that general area to around € 800 per month.Personally I think Old Quarter is nicer but Wilton may have more "earning" potential

Back