Old + new occupational pension + PRSA.. Should I leave as is ?

dubdub123

Hi I have the following pensions (don't have the figures right in front of me but approx values below)
Occupational pension from previous employer which has approx 20K
PRSA that I opened a few years back during a time that I was contracting - value approx 25 K
Occupational pension through current employer approx 25K and I'm paying into this currently

I'm heading for 50 so no sign of retirement for good few years, all going to plan...

Is there any benefit/drawback to holding onto all of these? Am I diversifying or am I just leaving myself with a bit of a jumble of things and no clear strategy...

What are my options around this? What should I check on the paperwork to understand if it's better to leave things alone vs moving around?

Any pointers appreciated. I have pretty much just left this sit for a long time but now from this month I am increasing AVCs and want to understand is there any other improvements I can make .. Thanks

You may have to give more information to get any meaningful replies - such as:
Occupational pension previous
- what type of scheme was it - Defined contribution or defined benefit?
- did your employer contribute and how long were you a member? (if <2yrs you can only get your contributions now)
- the "normal" retirement age per the scheme?
- if DB - what is the projected pension/lump sum?
Current scheme
- again what type?
- does your employer contribute or match your contributions?
- are you maximising both the employer match (if any)?
- are you contributing the maximum tax free contribution for your age/salary? @49 thats 25%; jumping to 30% @50
- if you didnt maximise the above for the last tax year, could you make an extra lump sum (before October)?

Back