Old Model v New Model

C

campbelln

Is there any obligation on a car dealer to tell you that there is a new upgrade on the way?

Even when I made enquiries and found that the importers were taking orders?

Does it really matter to you that much?

Is it a model change or a face lift? When are they available? How much are they going up by?

For instance, If it's a slight face lift and now comes with air con, not ready till sept, extra cost of €1,500. Do you really want to hold out when it's prob only really going to be for '08 but launched in England in time for there split year as usuall. Does it really matter?

The new Mondeo is actually cheaper in the Uk than the old one about to be replaced.

And no a dealer has no obligation to tell you of an impending change.

RS2K, English market, different story, different forum. We have all talked about the English market before. It works different over there so let's not go there.

I would say that it does matter. Two 07 cars sitting side by side....but one is the facelift/upgraded version.....which one is the more desirable?

Which one will have the better residual value... the day you buy is the day you sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Residual value! you paid prob an extra €1,500 for it. It works out about the same only thing is you prob had your car early '07 as to late '07.

And in three years time two side by side and one (old shape)€1,500 euro cheaper, were still going to sell both. The price is the difference. Hence how we sell both.

It a different story if a new model is out and you buy an old shape two or three months into the year after the new model has been out a while but this car's not out yet.

The C-Max is due a facelift. Nothing that substantial tbh.

I had a look a the 1.8 petrol Activ FFV and it's relatively good value after the VRT rebate of almost €3000 is deducted.

125bhp (lively) and runs prefectly on regular 95 u/l fuel.

Due in May.....increase not so steep ...circa 4-500 euro.

Still dosen't address the issue of whether I should have been informed about the facelift/upgrade.....would you have bought the older version!