Old Head of Kinsale - Wonderful Photo!

I 4 putted that green a couple of yrs ago to the delight of a bunch of tourists. The toys were close to being thrown out of the cot!!. Try the 13th hole for size though as the tee shot is the most intimidating I've ever played.
Interesting now though that during the mad times a tee time at the Old Head could cost up to 1300 euro, now you can get a slot for 200 euros(selected days).
It's a great pity that they built a golf course there though as it's a beautiful spot with lovely walks and excellent rock fishing. I have played this course three times and I have to say that I was never made welcome there. They like big spending Americans!!

... It's a great pity that they built a golf course there though as it's a beautiful spot with lovely walks and excellent rock fishing. ...
+1 What a travesty; a beautiful vista ruined just so some selfish people can chase a little ball around the countryside.

You could say the same for the town as a whole......

1. that's not true of Kinsale in my experience, everyone is very welcome no matter their spending
2. the Old Head is not Kinsale anyway, it's actually in Ballinspittle

I 4 putted that green a couple of yrs ago to the delight of a bunch of tourists.

Ahh the 4th putt....toughest shot in golf

Played once. Great scenery but found the course a bit of a gimmick. Give me the Old course in Ballybunion any day.

Ahh the 4th putt....toughest shot in golf

Played once. Great scenery but found the course a bit of a gimmick. Give me the Old course in Ballybunion any day.

Have to say, Firefly, that I agree with you that Ballybunion is an exceptional course. But, I would definitely regard Tralee as every bit as good as it.

I think that the Old Head is a lovely treat, now and again. But, if you took it away from where it is, it'd be Skellig Bay, which isn't a bad spot either.

Haven't played Trallee or Skellig Bay but have heard they are class alright. Played 18 last night after work in a nice warm breeze - happy days!