Old document restoration

bb12

I have some old family documents that have been in the family for generations, some dating back to 1825. Some of them have damage to them from over the years, so does anyone know of any companies that offer old document restoration and preservation? I don't know where to start looking to find somewhere that would do this. This documents, Will, old land leases etc) are so old that it really is worth preserving them for the future.

We got something preserved a few years back. Unfortunately I can't remeber much about it other than I think the guy was based in/near Marley Park in Dublin. He might have been in one of the small craft/retial units there.

There were a few people doing the work at the time, I imagine a quick check on goldenpages.ie for 'document preservation' or 'document restoration' should give you a few pointers.

The work we got done was to have some of the pages repaired/strengthened and then all of the pages preserved (using some sort of coating) and the whole thing bound in suitable binding.

z

Ring the National Library or the National Museum as they must use the services from time to time. Auctioneers like Adams and Whytes must also use these services

Brendan