Oil V's Wind

footsteps

Need to decide on heating for our house 2,500 sq foot bungalow.

OPtion 1: OFCH at cost of €11,000

Option 2: Therma Air underfloor heating at a cost of €27,000

Any one make this choice or have any information to help me make a decision?

That's one of the problems, we don't really know, but from what we can gather in the long run the air and electricity will work out cheaper!

Maybe its worth investing in your heating now, it may pay off in the long run, I have oil, I would switch tomorrow to something else if there was other options, thats just me, anybody else got other views, underground heating Air/Electricity or Oil??

That's one of the problems, we don't really know, but from what we can gather in the long run the air and electricity will work out cheaper!

I agree Invest now and dont say you will do it later, i have oil running underfloor heating and i cant wait to change to somthing else
Looking at a solar / wind immersion option backed up with a wood pellet stove with boiler to back it up and provide space heating in a big open plan area, my big mistake is i did not do something like this from the start.
That said oil was cheaper then and none of these options were as available then. also the water is mixed so it is only going through the floor at 40 degrees, so whats the point heating it any higher?
Just one thing about using electricty as a heat source is the prices seem to go up and up, just like oil and you cant ring around and see who you will get it cheaper from, worth keeping in mind