Oil-fired range cooker(Aga or Stanley)-bad move?

march_hare

Currently in the process of a self-build and looking at all of our heating options. Putting aside the various heating options (incl. GSHP, wood pellets etc) and the arguments for all of these, having grown up with an oil-fired range in the kitchen, I would love the same cosy comfort in my own home.
But logic tells me that committing to an Aga (re-conditioned) or even the new Waterford Stanley Brandon is an expensive luxury, and given the fossil fuel situation and oil costs, a bit silly. As well as that, separate central heating is required with the Aga particularly and possibly the W Stanley.
However, I am interested to hear from any of you on your experiences with either of these - either positive or negative - particularly on running costs.

I have a stanley twin burner with 23 rads off it - no problems at all with it. Only use cooker part about twice a year (both out working all day). Heating element on a timer and heats the whole house not a bother.

My plumber said that they are more economical than an outside burner. Aprox €25 per week when running every day. It comes on every day at 6.30am and off at 8.00am and on again at 16.30 and off at 21.00 and on constant most of sat and sun.