Oil Change while you wait

Darando

went to change the oil myself today - sump plug won't budge so I will have to get it done somewhere.

Its a 2005 Ford Focus - based in Southside Dublin

Is there anywhere that changes oil while you wait (want them to do it via sump and not vacuum)

Any ideas??

(pain because I have teh filter and oil - think it was the Ford garage who must have put it in with an imapct wrench or something)

Cheers.

What are you trying to open the plug with? Can you get a lend of a good fitting socket preferrably a six sided one and a tommy/breaker bar? That should shift it easily enough.

The plug is a 13mm bolt. I tried opening it with a 6 side socket (and rachet) - no joy.

Maybe it would be better with a ring spanner???

JUst bought soem Halfords "Shock and Unlock" so will give it a good spray with that and see if that is any good.

As I said - I have a feeling they put it in with an impact wrench - i.e. probably torqued it too much. I can't really get a breakers bar as I don't have the car off the ground. I can manage teh oil change without raising the car.

If I'm unsuccessful I guess a trip to a garage will be required. Just give them the oil and filter and ask will they do it

here's one on the Northside. Leaflet in the door today.

Blakes Cross Service station Tel 8437346

Oil and oil filter change special for a Ford Focus is €39.