Office Summer BBQ

Sarsie

Hi All;
Can anybody recommend a venue for an office summer BBQ. We’d like somewhere outdoors (rooftop bar would be great and we’d prefer city centre as we are a number of offices joining together for the event. Tried Fitzsimons and Odessa – all booked up. Alternatively, does anyone know of any outdoor space that is available to rent, and then we could just arrange the caters to come in. Thanks!

In a previous working life, we held them in Belvedere Rugby Club. It was a fairly big company.

Russell Court Hotel have an outdoor BBQ area and if the weather turns you can use the Vault nightclub up until a certain time..we organised a BBQ for about 70 people there and it was great!

Sarsie said:
We’d like somewhere outdoors (rooftop bar would be great

On this point alone, Findlaters in Howth have a rooftop bar (Sky bar). It is also close to the DART if that would encourage you to leave the city centre.

CCOVICH said:
In a previous working life, we held them in Belvedere Rugby Club. It was a fairly big company.

did the people you had it for assualt any of the suppilers, i had a bad experience with a company in that venue

Cobra on Leeson Street (formerly Darby O'Gills) organise BBQs, they have an area in the back - as it's a little less well known you might find they have dates available

CCOVICH said:
Not that I am aware of and it's hardly relevant.

it would be relevant in that a large event with over 100 people had no security and the venue had no plan to deal with such events, should have posted the last part in my pervious post.

If you are merely hiring the venue, then surely it is up to whoever is arranging the food etc. (i.e. the company having the BBQ) to arrange security.

Besides, if you need security for a private company function (other than to keep out interlopers), then an alcohol fuelled event is probably not a good idea.....

CCOVICH said:
Besides, if you need security for a private company function (other than to keep out interlopers), then an alcohol fuelled event is probably not a good idea.....

Well said, but i have seen my fair share of coprerate events end very messy. i feel its the "free bar" that causes a lot if it, the Irish just aren't able to handle it.

Thanks for all your suggestions - we went with Cobra on Leeson Steet in the end. No all we need to arrange is the sunshine.

gauloise said:
Russell Court Hotel have an outdoor BBQ area and if the weather turns you can use the Vault nightclub up until a certain time..we organised a BBQ for about 70 people there and it was great!

We had ours there last year and I must say it was great - plenty of free gargle mind

Our staff BBQ was there (Kobra) last night - food was lovely and they had plenty of bar staff on duty.

Back