office 2007

!RAY

Hi
Have just loaded Office '07 on to my computer .I had to dump '03 first.
I am just after finishing a project useing the '07.The problem is i copyed the project on to my memory stick and tryed to do some work on another computer that has '03 on it.Won't work, keep getting alarm, project was created with newer version ,download software.I have no internet connection on the computer .Any ideas?
Cheers
Ray

go back to the pc with 07 and save as compatable 97-2003 and then the 03 will be able to open it. I've been driving people nuts because I kept forgetting to do this.

Thanks pc7
Daft question but were do i find this on the toolbar i am not used to it yet .I could not even find Save as .
Cheers
Ray

hi ray go to the top left of the screen with the item open and i think its still called File (dont have it on home pc so can't picture it) but when it drops down you should see save as and then it will bring up the window to choose old version. Just found this link on making older versions work, haven't tried it so use at your own risk and all that! [broken link removed]
2007 took a while to get used too just little things the way it has some things well hidden. :) If you dont find it let me know and i'll give better instruction in the morning when i'm looking at it.

Thanks pc7
Found the save as .Will try to open up tomorrow on other computer.
Thanks Again.
Ray

Hello sir. To make sure this dosent happen again you can set this up as permanent. It will save all files in .doc and not .docx. Follow the steps below

Goto the top left and click on the Office button (As if you were using Save As)

Now at the bottom of this menu you will see "Word Options" Click this

There will be an option on the left called "save" click this and now you will see
"Save files in this format" and a drop down menu. Choose .doc Word 77-2003

Click on ok to save the changes.

This means you wont have to remember again

Hoipe this helps

Back