Office 2003

noel123ie

Hi all,

Im trying to insert pages nos in a word document but I want the page numbers to begin at page three ie page 3 in my document needs to be numbered as page 1.

Ive tried the online help but this just says to go to the page I wish the page numbers to start on and go to insert page numbers but it still lists page 3 as page 3.

Any thoughts/help would be great
Noel

I use the mac version of word, but it's probably not that different from:

Insert>Page Numbers>Format>Start Numbers at...

You would do this on page 3 and set start numbering to 1

Hi there

Tries this

Just to maker sure Im doing the right thing

I went to page 3 ie clicked in it and dollowed your instructions but still started nubering the page nos from the start

Any other ideas?

Cheers
Noel

Try this —
Specify how to start or restart page numbering

1. Click where you want to insert a section break.
    2. On the Insert menu, click Break.
    3. Under Section break types, click the option that describes where you want the new section (section: A portion of a document in which you set certain page formatting options. You create a new section when you want to change such properties as line numbering, number of columns, or headers and footers.) to begin. Note If you have already inserted a page break (page break: The point at which one page ends and another begins. Microsoft Word inserts an "automatic" (or soft) page break for you, or you can force a page break at a specific location by inserting a "manual" (or hard) page break.) to cause a chapter to start on a new page, delete the page break and replace it with a section break that starts on a new page.
Was this information helpful? :)

Back