OFCH to GHCH

house_hunter

How much will it cost to convert a oil-fired central heating to a gas fired one for 4 bed semi-detached home in Bray area?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

house_hunter said:
How much will it cost to convert a oil-fired central heating to a gas fired one for 4 bed semi-detached home in Bray area?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there - I was onto Bord Gais last week about changing over from OFCH... Providing you can access the mains gas, it will cost €250 to bring the line into the house and a gas meter. After that, they will send a person out to give you and estimate... For a complete new boiler/system it is going to cost you about €2,600.

Very expensive - considering the cost of gas is also rising - I think the cost of gas went up nearly 25% last year.

I'm happy enough with oil heating at least you are your own boss you can top up the tank whenever you like and no horrible line connection/rental to pay regardless of whether you've used a unit of gas or not.
Is Gas really that great compared to oil? :cool:

Hi house hunter,

There are many previous threads on AAM on this same subject if you want to use the search option in this forum.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your replies. I was thinking of changing from OFCH to GFCH but looking at your replies makes me wonder whether it is worth the change!

Back