Octavia Airbag Warning Light

Smashbox

Hey :D

Started my car today and noticed that the amber coloured Airbag Warning Light didnt flash off after 4/5 seconds.. but stayed on my journey into work.

Anyone know if its a big deal? I am in work until midnight so won't get a chance to get to a garage or ask someone today, is it still ok to drive!?

Would it be a DIY or a Garage job?!

Many thanks :)

With airbag lights, amber is a minor problem, maybe passanger air bag turned off by mistake. Red is complete brake down of airbag system and will not deploy in accident.
You could find next time you start car light will go out, if not has to go to dealer.

its a common issue in some models with loose wiring under the passenger seat, was this disturbed lately, by hoovering etc or any thing else unuisal under that side

I dont think so, although I did drive to Belfast and I'm not a great passenger so shoes came off and were shoved under the seat, perhaps this did something.

As for turning it off, you have to use the ignition key in the glovebox to turn it to off, and I didnt do that nor is it in the off position.

Best if you will connect it to scanner. dealer or other garage.
\cheers

I had this on my Audi A6. Car wont pass NCT with it on. In my case it was a computer(IDU or ICU or something!) at fault and had to place it. Expensive to find exact problem and expensive to fix ( over €500 5 years ago)

Thanks guys

I havent had a chance to take a look at it yet although I can't see any problems INSIDE the car as such, so will be taking it to my local garage on my next day off... whenever that will be!

Declan, my NCT isnt due til next year anyway, and I will be fixing the problem as soon as I can, I don't like warning lights!

Back