Obtaining quotes for a second storey extension

Diego

Can anyone advise how long we should expect to get quotes back from builders? We're tendering at the moment for an extension to our bungalow that will add a second storey and a small extension to the ground floor. Our semi detatched neighbours are doing the same, so we have the same architect and are looking for the same builder to complete the work as a single job. We've been left waiting for weeks before anyone even shows an interest - are builders just not looking for work or is this normal????

I would have thought it was the opposite, I’m in the process of preparing plans for extension and any contact with builders with regards availability & quotes has been responded to very quickly. Dublin based

hi,

in the same boat as your self. Thought once I got the planning permission and the tendering documents sent out to various builders that I'd have builders knocking on the door. Instead I'm waiting weeks going into months. What is going on? Have all the Polish builders gone home and are all the rest doing other extensions?

We waited about 4 weeks, we put a deadline in the covering letter with the plans and most of the 5 builders adhered to it. Good builders are still busy as a lot of people are extending rather than buying in an uncertain market.

Back