Obsessive behaviour

Start a conversation about a friend who never shuts up about her kids and how much it annoys you.

I have a "friend" like this. Shes a SAHM who is completly obsessed by her toddler. Its her one and only interest in life and when she phones me she talks about the child non-stop....in between baby talking to the child. I don't know why she even bothers to phone me as I don't get a word in edgeways and she has zero interest in anyone elses life. We don't have any children at the moment but I hold her out as an example of how I don't want to end up when we do She was the exact same when she was planning her wedding...on and on about it for two years and never even asked how our plans were going when we were organising our wedding. She even phoned me the morning before my wedding at 9am to ask me a question about tax

She has often phoned our house at 9am on a weekend morning despite the fact that I have asked her (more than once) not to as we lie in at the weekend. Her reply was "wait until you have kids of your own, you won't be sleeping in then. I'm up since seven". ...

Its got to the stage where I just can't deal with her anymore so I have started to ignore her calls...Thank God for caller display...although one month on she is still ringing at all hours of the day & night....up to 5 times in one day If she doesn't get through she won't leave a message and justs keeps phoning back.

So I understand where your coming from. They sound very similar and to be honest unless you bluntly tell her you don't want to listen to her rabbit on about her children then she won't get the message. In the meantime cut her short everytime she starts talking about the kids, don't ask her about her weekend, turn away and get on with your work when she starts a conversation and bring your lunch in with you to avoid those baby shops

I think most of us have got one or more of these people in our lives. All take and no give, totally lacking in self awareness. It's all very well to use caller display but the fact of the matter is she is still invading your lives with her constant phone calls. The way I have dealt with a person like this is not to comment on what they have said as soon as they stop talking, never ask a question, never seek clarification. Immediately talk about yourself and your life during gaps in the conversation. If you can get a gap that is.

These people don't sound like they're 'friends'. The simple solution is to dump them. There's no point in keeping people in your life simply because you were once friends with them - people grow, change, and move on. Just because you were once friends with them doesn't mean you have to be till the day you die.

Bring a tomato in to work. When she starts talking about the kids look her in the eye and squeeze the tomato until it bursts.
I don't think you'll have any more problems.

Bring a tomato in to work. When she starts talking about the kids look her in the eye and squeeze the tomato until it bursts.
I don't think you'll have any more problems.

I would like to nominate shnaek as the official resident AAM psycho lunatic

Yes Grizzly ,her eyes do glaze over..She is not the slightest bit interested ...
Lets just hope she is content with the one child..I dont think I could cope with anymore

You're right. Could the rest of you please go away now and leave AAM to me alone. ME I say!

Copycat, that's wat I said!!!

I think I will just put up with it....I least from the responses I am happy enough to know that I am not the only one who thinks this behaviour
is obsessive..

If you find it so annoying then you should not just put up with it. While her behaviour might be obsessive and annoying your's in just putting up with it is illogical.

Aren't some people just so self absorbed? I know someone like this also and her she acts like there is nothing else to life but her kids. I don't have children and don't intend to have any and I think it's so bloody selfish when someone keeps harping on about something that you're not interested in. I have a dog that I love but I wouldn't spend the day boring someone that had not interest in dogs!!

ZEGAR said:
I think I will just put up with it...

I am beginning to think that secretly you are enjoying it? Maybe the problem lies with you in that you let this type of thing happen?

I will putupi with it ,not because I enjoy it but becasue I will be moving jobs shortly and I wont have to listen to it anymore...

So why bother posting about it in the first place if the end is in sight anyway? Just curious...

Clubman.
If you will note that my initial post was posing a question.The question was not ,How to stop the situation but rather an inquiry regarding my tolerance levels..
I just wondered if I was less tolerant than most people..I did not ask how to change the situation...

God your so picky !!!

In fairness Betsy Og your perfectly right.Doh I mean you're perfectly right.