obd2 diagnostics interface

!RAY

HI ALL
Ok The diagnostic light is activated on my car.Peugeot 406 2L hdi year 2000. The cost of resetting this is 45 euro,as i am going to run the car till it drops i am considering getting above device.I have been told a elm 327 ob2 dignostic interface is compatable with my car. Has anybody used one of these or any other type. Are they any use?
Cheers
!RAY

bought one a few years ago, crap!! unless u can understand the data you are reading forget it ,and the can only do engine management so next week when your airbag light comes on its useless and the fact that you have a hdi engine more than likely it will show up freeze frame data.relating to fuel pressure problems which can range from injectors to pumps,your only guessing and theseparts are not cheap,your only gona pay more in the end.even with pro diagnostics they can only guide you you still have to be experienced to understand the data.

Hi
The engine dignostic light is on at the moment.I have fixed the problem but need to turn light off.Autoblitz sell a unit for 90 euro.Peugeot charge 45euro to turn light off so i thought that in the long run the dignostic unit might be a good idea. Any thoughts?
Cheers
!RAY

Back