Oakstown BAF Sewage Treatment System

bartbridge

We're looking at using one of these units for our new build and the guy that did the percolation test for us recommended them when we asked about them (he's not an agent for them).

Does anyone have one of these systems in place and would you recommend them?

"the guy that did the percolation test for us recommended them when we asked about them"

While it may well be a very fine product (actually, I believe it is) bear in mind that most people in the building industry will rate a product mostly based upon its ease of installation and price. This is not necessarily the same priority felt by the buyer (who perhaps might accord more importance to how it will perform in terms of protecting the environment etc.)

"the guy that did the percolation test for us recommended them when we asked about them"

While it may well be a very fine product (actually, I believe it is) bear in mind that most people in the building industry will rate a product mostly based upon its ease of installation and price. This is not necessarily the same priority felt by the buyer (who perhaps might accord more importance to how it will perform in terms of protecting the environment etc.)

Rarely a truer word spoken.

That's why I put the question out there, so that people that might already have this system installed would be able to give me their opinion :(

Yeah, I believe I have one of these installed (by Hydropure in Navan - www.hydropurer.com - I have no connection with them and no experience to compare them with any other septic tank suppliers!).

No real problems with it. A couple of caveats, though:
- it does require a constant pump (a small one to pump air through it)
- it has plastic balls in it that are agitated by the pump, so there's a constant rattling sound like a plastic wind-chime. Not unpleasant or loud, just a little bit weird!

E.

Back